Monday, January 30, 2012

DIY Handmade No Sew Tutu

{We've moved! Visit us at our new and improved blog at: Texas Craft House}

Today's craft was so much fun! I went to my sister in law's baby shower this weekend and she absolutely loved my wooden stackable cross that I made earlier this month. I loved seeing all of her other gifts. Right away I noticed a tutu that was given to her and I quickly investgated. :) I realized it was made out of a simple headband, tulle, and there was absolutely no sewing involved. This shocked me because tutus can be so expensive! Well not anymore! My tutu craft cost LESS than $5.00! It would make the perfect gift for any little girl in your life. :)



3 comments:

  1. I am going to make one of these for my baby's parrot Halloween costume, using different colors of tulle and making it longer in the back for tail feathers. I'm excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! One of my friends has a daughter who was a bird in a little choir show. We made her a yellow tutu and stuck in feathers throughout it and it was adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found this blog post!!! My little one's first birthday is coming up soon and I have been looking for a tutu tutorial. Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete