Saturday, May 17, 2014

Initial door hanger wreath

{We've moved! Visit us at our new and improved blog at: Texas Craft House}

Last night my husband and I went to Main Street Days in Grapevine, Texas. We had a blast eating, sipping, listening to good music and shopping the vendor booths.
We found one booth with unfinished wood. The gentleman was selling initials, symbols, sayings, crosses, anything and everything. We bought an S for our last name for around $15. I thought this was a steal considering the size.  We also bought a Harley Davidson cut out. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet,  but I'll have all summer to decide.
I painted my S with blue acrylic paint that I already had.  Then I hot glued a big yellow sunflower to the edge. I wanted something that would really stand out from the street and would make me think of summer. I love the contrasting blue and yellow. :-) Also like something from the usual wreath.
Have a great weekend and check back for more creativity soon!
Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment